Monday, September 13, 2010

Lisa Mangum and the Hourglass Door Trilogy

Hello again! Sorry I haven't posted lately, but school started and things got hectic again. Not to worry, I still have room in my high school life for books, writing, writing books, and meeting authors. Which brings us to the main story...

Saturday the 11th, Lisa Mangum, author of The Hourglass Door and The Golden Spiral, was at Barnes and Noble at Sugar House for a book signing. The signing didn't start until three, but me being the hyper, super-prepared, book lover that I am was there an hour in advance-- that's right, you heard me-- wandering around until she arrived. Lisa was one of the authors that attended my teen writer's conference at the beginnng of the summer. I spent some time talking to her then and I was excited to get to see her again. The coolest part was that she actually remembered me. (She remembered me! Me!!) She asked how my writing was coming and told me about an upcoming writer and reader seminar at UVU.
If you've never read The Hourglass Door or The Golden Spiral before, you should really look into it. They're fantastic books. The third in the trilogy, The Forgotten Locket, will come out next summer.

No comments: