Thursday, May 7, 2009

We Meet Again

The last Wednesday in April (yes I am a little behind in posting) our writing group had it's second meeting. Only 4 out of the seven we're able to come. It was still a nice evening though. Our oldest member was able to come this time and shared with us a recent essay that she called "Why I write." She bestowed her wisdom on us with humor and charm. Sadly this will be the only meeting that she will ever attend - due to health problems this beautiful woman will not be able to continue.
Tawnni shared a scary short story with us before she rushed off to her job and Jenny expanded on her cute children's story. I'm impressed with the writing of all those who contributed this week.

This past month I worked on developing a character for my book. His name is Rainier Abelard, but everyone calls him Rain. I love that name and I think it is so awesome that I came up with it. Creating a world is so hard, but it is also very fun. The character can be anything that I want them to be. Everything that I imagine a perfect romantic hero to be is just at my fingertips.

For those who didn't make it this week or for anyone else who may want an idea to write about - this months theme is "A Place I Know Well." The place can be real or fictional. Try to use all of your senses as you try to describe the place. Think of sounds and smells as well as how it looks.

I'm finding it difficult to find time to write lately. My baby changed his nap time to when my four year old is home from preschool so I feel guilty about not spending time with the 4 year old. It's so easy to let a day go by and then a whole week with very little writing happening, so my goal this week is at least 1000 words a day. Wish me Luck!

No comments: